Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Now I know how Arthur Dent felt

Progress is a terrible thing and even more terrible when it happens to you. Over the past two years I have had the looming knowledge that my house was doomed for demolition to make way for the new four lane highway. The engineers could not have made a more malicious swing in the road as it pulls left sharply to plow right over top of me.
Today it has become evident to everyone who drives by as the dozers and earth movers make their way all the way up to my property line which unfortunately lies about 30 feet from my bedroom window. Now I have the daunting task of dealing with the state over the purchase of my home, the remnants the road will not take, and the moving of my family and animals and personal belongings. But not to despair at least my friends can have a good laugh imagining me laying on the ground in protest, blocking the way of the oncoming instruments of destruction.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Daniel told me you started a blog!! YAY!!!!! :) :) :)

Teresa said...

LOL@you laying on the ground in despair. :-)

Even though I don't want you to move far away, it will be a good deal for you I hope.