Monday, January 26, 2009

I found out that I am dying....

Well, the doctors don't know how much longer I have. The say if I stop drinking raw milk, raising my own chickens, and eating unwashed eggs I may live another 35-45 years. That's all I have left and really I could go at any time.
Staring my impending mortality in the face, I have decided to create a bucket list. A list of all the things that I wanted to do all my life, or for a portion of my life to the current, before I, you know, "Kick the Bucket"."Take a long dirt nap". "Meet my Maker". "Become an earthworm buffet". find myself "Dead as a doornail". "Go patrolling the graveyard shift".
I don't want your pity, I just want some traffic and comments on my blog. So I hope this title got the attention of my friends and readers and made them think a little of their own mortality(that is not a threat to read my blog or else). So leave your comments and your own bucket lists, or else I will haunt you from the grave.

Not in any order and incomplete, without further delay, my bucket list :

Go hang gliding
Swim in the ocean as much as possible
Go on a mission trip to Mongolia
Learn about animal anatomy(as many possible)
Discover a new animal (I would settle for an insect or new breed)
Go sailing (and cross an ocean if possible)
Build a log cabin
Own a farm debt free
Raise bees
Make cheese
Learn to play the fiddle
Try my hand as a blacksmith
Learn to fight with a broadsword
Make a bow and arrows
Carve a wooden figure (I would prefer Human figure but come on the clock is ticking)
Build a plane and fly it (Would settle for flying contraption)
Build a small boat

Do you see my dilemma I only have 45 years to get this done maybe less.

2 comments:

J. Pike said...

Glad you're not dying. I thought this was going to be a joke about how your doctor doesn't know anything because they think the cause is eating all this healthy, natural food that today's society sees as "dirty" or unprocessed and unsafe. lol.

My Bucket List:

Become a member of the mile high club.
Get my pilot's license.
Sky dive.
Bungee Jump.
Climb a mountain.
Scuba diving.
Build a habitat for humanity home.
Adopt a child.
Have more children.
Live on our own land/farm. (Debt free!)
Be a model of some sort.
Visit Greece.
Write a book.
Be a teacher.
Run a marathon.
Hot air balloon ride.
Be a photographer.
Be a real Christian.
Compose my own CD.
Write a screenplay.
Act in a movie.
Shopping spree in New York.
Get in a fight for a good reason.
Die in Josh's arms at the same time-when we're old and wrinkly.

Kristin said...

Hmmm I will have to do this, too...